Everyone deserves a vacation to relieve stress brought by several months or years of hectic and busy schedules, both at work and at school. Vacation is beneficial to your health because it releases stress and energizes your body. Despite its significance to your health and well-being, not all individuals have enough money to finance their travel or vacation. Because of your meager funds, it is important that you plan your travels and consider all options available to avail the break that you rightfully deserve. You have to consider where you can stay, like hotels, motels, villas, condominiums and vacation rentals. Due to the popularity of hotel and motel reservations, not all travelers are aware of the existence of rentals and the amenities and services they offer.
Vacation rental is the term used by travel industry to mean leasing or renting a fully furnished apartment or a house, instead of a hotel. It becomes a popular option to tourists and travelers because of its benefits, like convenient locations, amenities, fireplaces, privacy, multiple bedrooms, fully equipped kitchens, and many more. However, it has its corresponding disadvantages as well, including lack of on-site staff, unfamiliarity with the property, quality of service, and the need to communicate directly with property owners, but these issues can be prevented by negotiating directly with travel agencies or property custodians that manage these properties.
If you have trouble finding the right vacation rental facilities, read on and follow the tips mentioned.
Before traveling anywhere, ask referrals from friends, relatives and colleagues, otherwise surf the Internet to find several vacation rentals to compare their services, fees, location, and amenities offered. You can also inquire from Vacation Rental Managers Association for their ratings, customer complaints, credentials and accreditation.
Factors to consider:
· Plan ahead before taking a trip and book a month earlier at the apartment, house or villa of your choice.
· You have to ensure that the vacation rental facility you have chosen provides cleaning equipment and implements you need, otherwise you have to buy your own small vacuum cleaner, detergent bars, insect spray or cleaning gloves.
· Check if they furnish three separate garbage cans for biodegradable objects, non biodegradable waste and toxic waste.
· Ask information about tourist destinations and vacation activities offered in the vicinity, like beaches, resorts, supermarkets, local restaurants and scenic attractions.
· Inquire about the amenities offered, including kitchen, books, DVDs, living room, bathroom swimming pool, entertainment games and appliances.
· If you plan to have a vacation with family members, know the vacation rental facility’s policy, like number of occupants allowed, pets, parking space and number of children policy, number of children permitted.
· Check for the availability of their fire and emergence exit, water sprinklers, and emergency numbers. Also know if it meets the standards set by local fire department and building inspector.
· Before signing the lease contract, know its cancellation policy and the check in and out dates.
· Ensure that the vacation rental you have selected is in ideal spot and near the attractions that you intend to visit.