Planning a getaway weekend or a holiday trip with your family can be lots of fun! How can you find just the right place? Pick an area that seems interesting, or do a search for a cool place online. Look for the right place for your visit on vacation rental websites. Be sure you choose a reputable one, and look at many different sites to get a good feel for the area you are looking at. Finding the right beach house for your Beach House Vacation is easy, just put in the area you want to visit, and the parameters of the dates and size of a house you need. Then have fun looking at all of the great choices you have!
Here are some ideas to keep in mind before you book:
1. Be sure you know the room and bed count, so you can plan who sleeps where ahead of time.
2. If you have children, ask if there are toys or special equipment such as cribs or high chairs
3. Make sure you know what you have to bring – linens, cooking equipment?
4. Ask the owner about special or fun features about their home
5. Be clear about stairs you may have to climb, both to bedrooms and to the front door! Don’t be caught by surprise, know you have to climb 2 full sets of stairs to reach the door
6. Locate fun things to do in the area ahead of time, find out what the area is known for
7. Ask about parking, be sure you know about any local restrictions, such as homeowner’s associations. Getting towed can put a real damper on a fun trip!
8. Off season may be the time to travel – especially to the beach! Ask if you can have an extra day for free. Sometimes, even if the owner won’t discount, they may be able to give extra time
9. Locate restaurants ahead of time, read reviews and see if you can find a local discount coupon.
10. Find out about services – do you need to gas up before you head to the rental? What about groceries? Close or far away?
To have a wonderful trip of a lifetime, rent a really fun Vacation Beach House for your family getaway! Be sure to do your research on what is available to do in the area. Find out if the beach is safe for swimming – does it have lifeguards? Are there any warnings in effect for using the beach? Check out things like hiking, fishing, or beach combing. Do you need to pay to get into the beach? Would you need a fishing license?
If your group enjoys cooking, be sure to look into local markets where you can buy fresh fish or veggies. Maybe you can locate a Farmer’s Market, or buy fish right off the boat or out of the bay.